Tonight I blog in extreme excitement!! I have much to say so this may get a little long – be warned. 🙂
March 20 Run: 46 minutes, 3.70 miles (6.41 km on Nike+)
First off, WOHOO!! I ran 5 KM straight on the treadmill in 36 minutes and 20 seconds!! Second, I’ve blogged about Nike+ quite a bit and it’s obvious, something is wrong with it, 3.70 miles is really 5.95 km. This is almost half a full km off. That’s a pretty big difference when training for a 10 k! Third, back to the good, I ran 36:20 with the last minute upping from 5 mph to 5.2 and the last 30 seconds going up to 5.5 mph! 5 minutes warm up then a 5 minute cool down. Forth, I still had energy to keep going!! Fifth, I have been insanely ill today. I have a tooth infection and have been on meds for two days now. My head has been killing me (jaw/ear/mouth/temple) to the point I was smashing my head into my desk today when a co-worker walked by and thought I was just overwhelmed with work. Lastly, I didn’t even think I was going to run! After work I went for a half hour walk thinking that would be it since I felt soo sick (by 6 pm I had already taken 6 T2’s today). I came back from the walk with insane energy, head felt good, stomach a bit off still, but all in all, I had this determination to succeed tonight. Boy did I ever rise to the occassion! WOOOOHOOO!
Although Nike+ is wrong in terms of distance, it’s still a good relative comparison over time as it is what I’m using to run on my iPod nano. Today, all of my running KMs averaged BELOW 7 minutes per km!!!! It’s been a long time since I’ve seen those numbers and I’m so excited to be reuinted with these results. COME ON NICE WEATHER!! I can’t wait to run the 5 KM route around my block….TWICE! 😀
Thank you runat49 for nominating me!!! It’s a huge honour to be nominated for this! I love my blog and I love reading everyone else’s blogs that keep inspiring me to blog and run.
What is the Liebster award? Find out at strivebalance – Karen does a pretty great job at keeping it short and sweet.
This is a bit tougher for me as all I seem to blog about is running so let me give this a go and give you 11 random facts about me that I haven’t shared yet.
- I have been working for the same company for almost 9 years now (since August 2004).
- I just bought a complete new set of Golf clubs – I’ve never golfed in my life but I will start this summer!
- My mom made my dad go through the Burger King drive through when she went into labour with me – this must be why I love fast food! (runat49, I thought you’d like this)
- I am a hopeless romantic; I am not married but can’t wait to be.
- I have earned honours in my Bachelor of Commerce Degree majoring in Operations with a minor in Human Resource studies.
- I earned the President’s National Scholarship, at the University I earned that degree, for all 4 years. Only 5 students earn this award each year.
- I set extremely high expectations for myself and beat myself down too hard too often.
- As a kid I hated running but loved all other sports (I saw nothing great in running – boy was I wrong!)
- I have a tattoo on my right wrist that says LIVE ♢ LEARN ♢ GROW
- I find it easier to do nice things for others and treat others than to do the same for myself.
- I am super happy for Danni who recently won The Biggest Loser season 13. I have been cheering for her the entire time.
Now, the other part of this is to answer 11 questions that I have been asked.
- Who most influenced your life and why?
My mom – she’s a warrior with insane stength: divorced, raised my brothers and me on her own without child support, had the strength to walk away, … I could go on but I think that paints a good picture. She has taught me to be strong, determined, and to never settle.
- Why did you start blogging?
To raise awareness for the charities I am running for, and keep myself dedicated and accountable to running.
- What do you like most about blogging?
Receiving Likes, followers, and visitors – this stuff means a lot to me. Also, I am able to be completely honest with my feelings, track my progress, and hold myself accountable for not doing it (because if I don’t blog, that means I didn’t run).
- What is your favorite movie and why?
FIGHT CLUB – great plot, the movie was extremely well done (better than the book in my opinion) and we all have another side to us that we just don’t know about.
- What is your favorite book and why?
The Outsiders – this book taught me a lot as a child…
- What was your favorite subject in school?
No, it wasn’t gym… It was Math! I still love problem solving to this day. It’s kind of my job now. 🙂
- What is your biggest goal for 2013?
To complete two 10k races and raise money for good charities!
- Who do you admire most?
I admire Terry Fox. A man who ran across Canada after losing a leg to cancer to build awareness deserves admiration from the world. I couldn’t be happier to run for the Terry Fox Foundation in September.
- What do you consider your best quality?
I’ve been told I am too kind, I wear my heart out on my sleeve and always go above and beyond for others. I think these are pretty awesome qualities to have.
- Where would you move if you could move anywhere in the world?
Jasper (the Rocky Mountains) if I didn’t have to work. I’d snowboard all winter long, and run through the mountains and forests all summer.
- What makes you happy?
This one’s easy, RUNNING! But also family, food, snowboarding, and sleep also make me happy. 🙂 .
FInally, I nominate these bloggers that have inspired me, check them out:
runat49 (I know you’ve already been nominated but I wanted people to check your story out too)
That’s all folks! I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a bit better.
Thanks for reading and constantly supporting me 🙂
P.S. I forgot to mention, today, it happened!!! I felt my breathe get steadier as I was running! Still tough holding a conversation but I wasn’t panting! Woooohoooo!