I really didn’t think I would be able to get myself to blog but I’ve decided I will do this for Juneathon and my love for fitness! I’m going to change the direction a bit for the next 30 days. My posts will include my daily exercise but each post I will focus on a particular form of exercise, workout, stretch, or something to share and educate the world. It will be one position/move/activity/maybe even food each day to a better life. This is my disclaimer, I am in no condition to be considered a health consultant, doctor, instructor, or anything professional. These posts are strictly based on my opinion/research. I also want to give Nike+ training club a shout out as I will be using a lot of their material to come up with new exercises to feature.
Alright, so Juneathon Day 1, 5k in a little under 37 minutes! Great time for me. Great pace. Extremely challenging with the super hot heat. All I thought about was it’s so hot, omg it’s getting hotter, wait, breathe in and out, ugh it’s soooo hot, and so on. Not my best mindset for a run but I finished strong and am extremely happy with myself.
Today, my feature will of course be running!!! Check out my form below!! Probably my happiest run and race I have done. Earlier this year in April I ran the Toronto Yonge St 10 k and that is me nearing the finish line!
Here are my tips with Running:
1. Run like a ninja – light on your feet, focus on running with the front balls of your feet and not your heels
2. Always Smile and use this time for your own thoughts, try not to think about the heat like I did today
3. Breath, in through your nose, out through your mouth
4. Back straight, chest up, hips aligned to your stride, swinging arms forwards (not sideways across your body)
5. Avoid sticking your butt out or slouching your back
6. Stay hydrated everyday, especially the 24 hours prior to your run and remember to hydrate afterwards too!
7. Dress for 10 degrees warmer than what it actually is outside
8. Be alert, stay safe, cars do not often care for you so keep your eyes peeled at all times
9. Go at your own pace, unless you’re an elite, just have fun and run; compete with yourself, no one else
10. Always, always, wave at another runner or throw them a smile if you are just too tired.
Oh and have fun!
You may want to check out a previous info-graphic posted by fitfor365 – How to Run your Best 5k with helpful tips on how to run for some more info.
Hope this helps!!