I’m still a bit under the weather. Today I luckily didn’t have such bad head aches but I had a constant sore throat since last night. It’s more annoying over anything else. NTC called for a 3 mile run tonight, Juneathon asks for running daily, so I did 5k tonight to claim my Day 18 bragging rights. I had a pretty good time (faster than my average) especially with a 1 minute walk after I completed each km. I did wimp out and run on the treadmill because it was raining a bit. I had planned to run and stop at the grocery store so I could pick stuff up afterwards but since I treadmilled it up, I walked over afterwards to grab myself some lozenges, ginger, honey, and freezies. Here’s to hoping I can get some sleep tonight and get better soon! Regardless of how I feel health-wise, I’m super proud and happy with myself for not babying myself and running 5k!
Tonight I will feature an exercise you should probably give a shot… I know I featured Walking Lunges before and this exercise will work out all of the same muscles plus a few more. This will get you stronger hips, glutes, and thighs! I’m talking about Around the World Lunges.
Here’s how to do Around the World Lunges:
1. Start standing feet shoulder width apart
2. Step right foot forward into a lunge by dropping your hips down and driving your weight (keeping balance) through the front heel
3. Bring your right foot back to standing, then step out to the side with your right foot into a side lunge. Keep your left leg straight while bending your right knee and driving weight into your right foot.
4. Step back into standing position and bring your right foot back into a back lunge. Step back and drop your hips keeping weight on your left heel.
5. Return to start position and repeat. In NTC I do this for 30 seconds on one side then 30 on the other. You can do reps as well.
Well, what are you waiting for? Go give it a shot!!
I’m off to make some tea and hope I can sleep tonight.
Happy Running & Travelling Around the World via Lunges!